The AC 800M controller is a family of rail-mounted modules, consisting of CPUs, communication modules, power supply modules and various accessories. Several CPU modules are available that vary in terms of processing power, memory size, SIL-rating, and redundancy support.
Each CPU module is equipped with two Ethernet ports for communication with other controllers and for interaction with operators, engineers, managers, and higher level applications. A Flash memory card can be inserted into a slot in the CPU module to store the application and data.
The connectivity and expansion options make the AC 800M exceptionally open and scalable, that is, easy to connect to the surrounding world of supervisory systems and intelligent devices of all kinds – and adaptable to changing requirements as the process it controls changes or expands.
- Scalable, cost-effective design
- Common environment for process and power automation and safety
- Fault tolerance for maximum plant availability
- Open architecture reduces lifecycle costs
- Integrating, for plug-and-procedure connectivity
- Comprehensive maintenance features reduce downtime
- Flexible I/O for all plant environments
- Wide-ranging control functionality meeting all needs